Samsung KU6300 TV Smart Remote Setup

• 30 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Current setup:
- Samsung UN55KU6300 with smart remote
- Sonos Playbar
- HDMI 1: Ruko 3
- HDMI 2: Playstation 4

I am attempting to configure my TV remote to control the volume coming from the Sonos Playbar. The Remote Control Setup feature in the Sonos app does not inherently work with this TV remote, and I already found help topics describing how to use the Universal Remote setup on the TV to assign a dummy device to the TV input, thus enabling the IR transmitter on the TV remote. Then, the Sonos Remote Control Setup feature will complete successfully. My issue is that the volume control will only work for that single TV input. If I change inputs, the remote no longer controls the Sonos Playbar volume unless I go through the Remote Control Setup again, in which case it overwrites the connection with the other input.

I know other people have been having this issue, but has anyone found a solid solution? My TV does not have an IR input, so I can't use an IR blaster. Has anyone else tried a third party universal remote that comes standard with IR?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

bfussell6412,

I don't have one of these TV's to test, but the usual approach is to set the TV to use external speakers (muting the TV's own speakers), then indicating to the TV that you are using an A/V receiver for the audio. At this point the TV remote should emit IR commands and you can train PLAYBAR to respond to these commands. The model number of the A/V receiver is arbitrary. This approach should accommodate all of the HDMI inputs that pass compatible audio streams.
Userlevel 2
Am having the same issue with the same TV, only using Tivo as my cable box. All components are up and working, but cannot get the remote to control my PLAYBAR... Errrgh.