Answered

S2 can't find most of my speakers after installing wifi mesh

• 23 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I’ve read through everything here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/tips-for-common-sonos-problems-6815645

But none of this standard stuff has resolved my problem.

Here’s what I THINK is happening:

• I connected a wifi mesh network to my existing modem/router
  • My phone is now connected to this mesh network
  • But speakers are still trying to connect to modem/router (my guess)
  • I changed the name of the modem/router to distinguish between the 2 wifi signals (modem/router vs. wifi mesh)
  • I need to move everything over the the mesh. But Sonos/S2 can’t find 6 out of my 7 products, even after using all the usual troubleshooting tips in the links above
  • Seems like the products are stuck in limbo

I’m tempted to do a factory reset and start from zero, but I read an article advising against this.

And the last thing I want is to call Sonos support. Didn’t have a good experience a few months ago.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by controlav 23 January 2024, 14:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What is your old and new network hardware?

Configure the new SSID/password the same as your old one, then disable wifi on the old one. All your devices will then switch to your new system seamlessly.

Badge +1

@controlav … brilliant! That worked. All products now show in S2. But the only issue is that now my Arc + Sub are not producing sound. It shows up as “Media Room,” which is the location of both. But no sound is coming out of either. Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@controlav… brilliant! That worked. All products now show in S2. But the only issue is that now my Arc + Sub are not producing sound. It shows up as “Media Room,” which is the location of both. But no sound is coming out of either. Any ideas?

Can you stream music to the Arc+Sub? Do they show in the app on your phone? If so it’s likely a tv setting. What make/model tv, and someone may be able recommend settings for the tv audio. 

Badge +1

@nik9669a Thank you! Yes, I can stream music to Arc/Sub. They’re showing up on my phone under the “System” section. Here’s my TV model: Sharp LC70LE632U 70-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD TV (2014 Model). 

It’s definitely connected to the Arc HDMI port. And I set it up for Aquous audio, just like I had before. But no audio coming out of Arc+Sub. Only out of TV speakers.