Answered

S1 Controller will not find existing System , on new IOS Phone (Apple)

• 29 November 2022
  • 1 reply

I have an existing S1 system with Play1 Speakers, Boost, Amps , etc….

All these devices work from any existing device that had the S1 App installed for many many years…. such as IOS iphones and Mac Desktops….

I recently purchased an Beam S2 , used my NEW Iphone to install the APP from app store….

Now, since ALL my music and most other Speakers are on S1 … downloaded the S1 APP from the app store, the PROBLEM IS :

When trying to connect to existing System (which it is), it can’t find it….

I’ve reset the Speaker (one of them) and still NO GO.

But all other access from other devices such as my MAC desktop or another IOS iphone device , I can see and play the music.

What the heck is going on?  I thought S2 and S1 can co-exist in peace. 

The only difference is that my NEW PHONE has both apps on it S1 and S2.

S2 was used to connect the BEAM to configure it and be used by the TV …  That works fine.

Any HELP would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 November 2022, 10:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lizzie123 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

First, and most importantly, please do not reset any more Sonos products - it will not help.

Did you set up your Beam (Gen 2) on S2 with a different Sonos account? As I see no sign of you owning a Beam, I’ll presume so.

Just to confirm for you, you absolutely should be able to connect to your existing system via the S1 app on your iPhone, while also being able to connect to your new Beam on the S2 app on the same device.

Do you have anything that extends the range of your WiFi? If so, please test again with it powered off.

Failing that, please try turning your WiFi router off for at least 30 seconds. It will take a few minutes for WiFi to return - once it does, please wait another minute or two and test again.

If you are still unable to connect to your S1 system on your iPhone, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.