Question

Quadraphonic with play 5's and ONE's

• 27 December 2019
  • 3 replies

hi,

I recently bought 2 ONE'S to pair them with my 2 play 5's (gen2)

I want to use those 4 speakers for my tv but i can't make the 2 ONE'S as back speakers.

so my question is. is this possible?

thankyou in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Those speakers are not meant to be used with TV, unless you use them as surrounds with a Beam, Playbar, Playbase, or Amp as the fronts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, Kimono. Welcome to the community. This configuration is not going to work well, I’m afraid. In theory, you could use Line-in to one of the PLAY:5’s whilst it is stereo-paired to the other, then group in the Sonos ONE’s, which I suppose could also be stereo-paired. At best, this will be an odd-sounding configuration with some level of delay in the One’s, and at worst, it will be rather susceptible to audio interruptions. As such, I can’t in good conscience recommend going about it this way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Further to my point above, jgatie is entirely correct. To use these as true surround speakers, a PLAYBASE, PLAYBAR or BEAM would be required.