Answered

PS5 + Panasonic HX800 TV + Sonos Beam gives noticeable Audio delay?

• 3 January 2021
  • 2 replies

My PS5 is connected via HDMI to my Panasonic HX800 TV which is then connected to the Beam via ARC. Have set both the PS5 and the TV to PCM but I am still getting noticeable Audio delay when gaming / watching movies via the PS5. I feel like I have tried everything (removed all TV processing, running in Game Mode) but I can’t fix it. Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 4 January 2021, 00:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sharpeee193

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. 

To help you out with the audio delay issue, please follow the steps below and see if it works.

1. Reboot your Sonos Beam and Panasonic TV
    • Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Beam and the Panasonic TV. 
    • Unplug the power cable from your Panasonic TV, the Sonos Beam, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
    • Reconnect the HDMI cable to your Panasonic TV and the Sonos Beam. Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
  2. Update the TV’s software (if available).
  3. Adjust TV audio format  - Sonos home theater products are compatible with stereo / PCM, Dolby Digital 5.1 / AC3 auto formats. 
  4. Adjust the group audio delay
    • Settings > System > Tap your Sonos Beam > Group Audio Delay and then choose a delay option
  5. Check for Sonos update
    • Settings > System > Check for updates.
  6. Use an optical cable to connect to your TV

If you're still experiencing audio delay, I recommend contacting our phone support with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you, will try these steps out