Answered

Problems with the Sonos App

• 8 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone. My query is about the Sonos application that I use from the iPad.
When I play music from apple tv 4k in apple music, everything sounds perfect. But when I play music from the sonos app the songs in dolby atmos sound bad, the mix is ​​almost complete on the rear speakers Era 300. this happens a week ago. Before everything worked perfectly.
My system is composed of Arc-Sub gen3-Era 300x2. many thanks friends.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 August 2023, 10:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GabrielCarcamo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I can’t say why this changed for you recently, but when playing via your Apple TV, the Arc treats the feed as TV audio and when you play via the Sonos app, it’s treated as music. Each has separate settings - I recommend you play some music and go to Settings » System » [room with Arc] » Surround Audio » Music Level and adjust it downwards to your liking. You may want to change Music Playback to Ambient instead of Full first, but that will significantly reduce the music volume on your surround speakers and is probably not what you are looking for.

I hope this helps.