Answered

problem with spotify family account

• 20 December 2019
  • 8 replies

How do i setup Sonos with Spotify for my family? I need to be able to switch Spotify user in sonos.  If I play Spotify on my mobile phone but my family want to play Spotify on our sonos ther is a conflict. We are using a Spotify family account. 

icon

Best answer by John B 20 December 2019, 18:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3624?language=en_US

Unfortunately this does not describe how to add an account within same Spotify family account. Please help my me and my family to play Spotify simultaneously in sonos. 

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/using-sonos-with-spotify-family-plan-6814999

Sorry, still no guide how to make this work. Looks like sonos and Spotify don’t support this basic request. 

Sorry, still no guide how to make this work. Looks like sonos and Spotify don’t support this basic request. 

I am sorry but I don't know how to make it any clearer than the instructions in the links.

You each have an account with separate logins yes? And you have added your  Spotify to Sonos?

I have a couple of sonos speakers, one sonos account, one Spotify family account with different users.  We use iPhone and iPads. I have added my Spotify music service to sonos but when I try to add one more Spotify Account that belongs to my family account i am asked to either connect my already connected account or register a new Spotify account. Attaching some pictures to show how it looks. 

Get one of the other family members to use their device, and log into their user account in Spotify Family.  Then they need to go into the Sonos app and add Spotify as a music service using their Spotify login details. They need to do it on their device.

Incidentally each of you should be able to play to Sonos from his/her Spotify Family user account using the Spotify app