Question

Playbar optical to hdmi arc?

• 14 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I want to connect my playbar to my new Samsung TV. The TV has optical (1) and hdmi arc (1) outputs. My hearing aid also needs an optical connection for Bluetooth. Have tried an optical splitter, which allows both the hearing aid and playbar to work, but this has caused the tv remote to no longer control the playbar sound. Is there an adapter that will allow the playbar optical to connect to the TV hdmi arc?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Geoff R, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about any adapter that will allow the Sonos Playbar optical cable to connect to the TV through an HDMI Arc, It will be an unsupported setup on Sonos, since the cables included on the Sonos Playbar package are the ones that Sonos recommends. but let’s wait for any other feedback from our other Sonos community users.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon. Thanks. Hopefully there will be a solution out there. In the meantime we have had to disconnect the playbar, and go back to the TV speaker. Not good.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Geoff R, thanks for the update. Hoping we can have this addressed or any recommended setup for this issue. since Sonos can only recommend the setup that we know would work for our Sonos products, let’s wait for feedback from other users regarding this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.