open sonos sub

• 2 November 2018
  • 9 replies

how to open the sonos sub

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

my dogs chased a mouse into my sub. does anybody have a video our know how to get the cover off so I can get it out. it is stinky
Userlevel 4
my dogs chased a mouse into my sub. does anybody have a video our know how to get the cover off so I can get it out. it is stinky

I would personally contact Sonos support. Sorry for such a blunt reply, but it's the safest way.

sonos.com/support
I started that way the tech said to check the community. I have not found a you tube on it.
Userlevel 4
I started that way the tech said to check the community. I have not found a you tube on it.

They said that?? Why would the community have an answer to removing a rodent from an enclosed space in which a warranty would be void if you're told to open the unit? I'd try again and see if you get someone else.
guy was not helpful did not even offer to give me options to send it back. only told me it would void the warranty. not a response you expect for a $700.00 product for sure
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sorry to hear about the trouble, danriso. I've checked in on the case you had with us and asked for it to be looked over, so you should get an email from the team shortly.

This isn't likely to help in your case, for the odd lego trapped in a Sub port, tilting and shaking it a bit tends to be enough to get the offending piece out. That "stinky" comment makes me think it'll also be "sticky".

Best of luck! And try not to be too mad at the poor pups, they were protecting their home 🙂
Userlevel 4
guy was not helpful did not even offer to give me options to send it back. only told me it would void the warranty. not a response you expect for a $700.00 product for sure I 100% agree... 😕 Typical, best of luck anyway. Not much else I can say.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you have a vacuum with a suction hose you could try finding a piece of tubing that will fit into the gap in the Sub and taping it on the end of the vac hose and gently probing around inside the Sub as you move it around. With any luck you'll snag the little fellow and be able to lift it out.

I originally skipped getting a Sub because of the gap and issues with stuff getting dropped inside, with two small grand kids here several hours a day It was never an option.

Even now with the kids off at school I'd think seriously about some form of protection for that gap before adding one here.
Be very careful using vacuum cleaners around speakers. It would be very easy to put too much pressure on a driver and end up ripping something.