Answered

NEW SONOS AMP

• 29 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I have Sonos beam,sonos SUB and 2 Sonos play 1 as a rear speakers.
Do I need Sonos AMP and what will be improvement for me.Sonos beam is connected with new Samsung 75" 4K TV via ARC HDMI cabel.Bye or not to bye Sonos AMP?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 30 December 2018, 00:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have Sonos beam,sonos SUB and 2 Sonos play 1 as a rear speakers.
Do I need Sonos AMP and what will be improvement for me.Sonos beam is connected with new Samsung 75" 4K TV via ARC HDMI cabel.Bye or not to bye Sonos AMP?
What are you hoping to achieve with a new Sonos Amp?
I do not know,that is my question-is it reasonable to bye sonos AMP,will it improve sound -power on all speakers and can I be satisfied more than with my nowday combination without AMP.My opinion is that it is no good idea to bye it but like hear advise other people,understanding for this issue.
Firstly, you cannot add the Amp to your 5.1 bonded HT setup without taking something out of the equation to begin with. Your setup is already a complete system for Home Theatre use.

The Amp together with some additionally purchased passive speakers, could be used to replace either the Beam or the rear Play:1 surrounds... but I’m not sure it’s really worth going to that expense, unless you are not happy with the current front or rear audio setup.

You could use the Amp elsewhere in your home (another Sonos room) if you wanted to, but again you will need passive speakers to do that.

If you were just thinking that adding the Amp to your existing system would somehow improve the sound you have already, I’m afraid that is not what the Amp will do.

If you’re unsure of what the Amp can do for you, then my advice would be to leave it at this moment in time.