Answered

Network issue when connected to Access Point

• 4 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I’ve not seen this issue before.

We have a setup of 4 x AMP’s with one hardwired to Router, other 3 all in the same Flexson mount connected via sonosnet inside a house.

Outside the house in a garage detached we have a One SL - this is connected via a TP Link access point hardwired to the same router in the house which one of the AMP’s are connected to.

Via the App in the Garage we can control the house AMP’s fine.

BUT - i cannot get the One SL to add to the App - The App finds it, we connect using the join button - it says connecting for a while the indicator goes white and the App pops up a message that says install complete, but might not show up in System - unplug and re power. Doing this the One never appears.

Take the One back in the house reset it and it joins network fine (i assume via Sonosnet) - take it back outside and it disappears from the app.

The TP Link AP is definitely set to AP mode, DHCP is off on the AP, so unit will be getting address from House router - the tablet with the app on is getting its address properly/can access internet etc. so definitely no connectivity issues from Garage to House.

I’ve done this kind of set up before and never had this issue - any thoughts appreciated ?

icon

Best answer by ratty 4 March 2021, 18:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

So you’re trying to force the system into ‘mixed mode’ by having the garage speaker on WiFi from the AP whilst the house system is on SonosNet? This can be unstable. The garage speaker will be forever trying to connect back to the house Amps.

Either wire the One SL in the garage, to the same feed as the AP, or if that’s not convenient wire a Boost out there and run the speaker wirelessly. 

Badge +1

So you’re trying to force the system into ‘mixed mode’ by having the garage speaker on WiFi from the AP whilst the house system is on SonosNet? This can be unstable. The garage speaker will be forever trying to connect back to the house Amps.

Either wire the One SL in the garage, to the same feed as the AP, or if that’s not convenient wire a Boost out there and run the speaker wirelessly. 

Thanks - i  shall go the Boost route - i guess i’ve been lucky where i’ve done this previously..