Question

need to use Sonos as a drum monitor to play with music

• 24 December 2017
  • 1 reply

weird setup, calling on sonos power uses for a work around. Here it is: I would like to play live drums along with my sonos system. The problem is, I can't get them loud enough to hear over the drums. I have tried 2 play 1's and and a play 5, but neither is sufficient. I was hoping there was a way, I could wear headphones connected to my iPhone on the sonos app and still have the system send sound to all the speakers AND my headphones. Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Unfortunately, this wouldn't be possible. The Sonos app doesn't actually play anything... it just tells the speakers what to play. So the audio is never going through your phone, unless you're playing from the music library on your phone. Even if you were to try that, there would likely be delays, as music on your phone would be instantaneous, while it takes a few milliseconds to get to the Sonos speakers.