MULTIROOM installation

• 27 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
Some questions for a multiroom installation:

If I buy 8 SONOS CONNECT (connected to 8 different amp/speaker pairs, but on the same WiFi network):

1- Can I control these 8 different CONNECT through the same app?

2- Can I push the same streaming audio channel onto the 8 CONNECT? If yes, will they be in perfect audio sync or the “original” source will output few milliseconds before?

3- Can I feed a line-input on one of the CONNECT and share it across the remaining 7? If yes, will they be in perfect audio sync or the “connected one” will output few milliseconds before?

Any answer is appreciated,
Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge
And I forgot another one: Can I have a mix of independant vs same audio source on my 8 CONNECT? Or it is all independant or "Party Mode" but not in between
All the Connects will sync perfectly. The only question would be if any sound processing in the amps would introduce any differences. Generally this is more of an issue with AV amps than hifi amps.

Yes you can play al sources to any combination of Connects. That includes the line in on any Connect. Perfect sync.

Do you have all these amps and speakers already? If not, why not some stereo pairs of Play speakers?
Oh and with that many zones you should operate in Boost (SonosNet) mode, either by connecting one of the Connects to your router by Ethernet, or by buying a Boost device.
Badge
Yes, I do have all the speakers already (in ceilling) and yes I have all the amps (24 stereo channels). In other words, only 8 zones but 48 - 8 Ohms speakers to drive...
OK - sounds like you know what you are doing!