Answered

Multiple Inputs to Different Sonos Components

• 16 May 2019
  • 9 replies

Scenario: I have an HDMI cable going from the HDMI ARC Port on my TV to my Sonos Beam to get sound through Sonos from my TV. I also have a record player (built in preamp) connected (with standard red and white RCA cables) to a Sonos Connect so that I can get the sound from the record player through the Sonos speakers. Will the speakers be able to play audio from the TV and the record player (not at the same time of course)? Or do the inputs need to be connected to the same Sonos piece?

I hope that explains my situation well enough.

Best,

Fiiox
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 16 May 2019, 20:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Scenario: I have an HDMI cable going from the HDMI ARC Port on my TV to my Sonos Beam to get sound through Sonos from my TV. I also have a record player (built in preamp) connected (with standard red and white RCA cables) to a Sonos Connect so that I can get the sound from the record player through the Sonos speakers. Will the speakers be able to play audio from the TV and the record player (not at the same time of course)? Or do the inputs need to be connected to the same Sonos piece?

I hope that explains my situation well enough.

Best,

Fiiox

I'm not exactly sure what 'the speakers' are referring to (Beam or other speakers), but if they are Sonos speakers, then yes. An input into a Sonos device in your system is effectively a input to all the Sonos speakers in your system.
Hi Melv,

Yes to clarify that would be the Sonos speakers. I have a Beam and two Ones behind my couch. I just want to make sure that because I have the ARC going to the Beam and the RCA signal going to the Connect that I can still switch between the two audio sources (despite them being connected to separate Sonos component).

Hope that helps.

Best,

Fiiox
Yes, the Sonos software considers the digital and the analog inputs as two different inputs.
Yes, the Sonos software considers the digital and the analog inputs as two different inputs.

what he said.
Gentlements at Sonos!

in 2019 absolutely incredible you cannot make a device which can connect 2 HDMI and can handle 2 audio input !?!?

Its a very high price and very high quality ( its understandable )
BUT in this case we should searching on eBay and etc on sites low quality optical switch or hdmi switch?!?
Unworthy for Sonos!!!

I use it and will, but again “great Sonos Engineers” INCREDIBLE!!!

Zozinnyo
Gentlements at Sonos!

in 2019 absolutely incredible you cannot make a device which can connect 2 HDMI and can handle 2 audio input !?!?

BUT in this case we should searching on eBay and etc on sites low quality optical switch or hdmi switch?!?
Unworthy for Sonos!!!

Zozinnyo

Someone doesn't understand HDMI-ARC.

Gentlements at Sonos!

Unworthy for Sonos!!!

Zozinnyo
Someone doesn't understand HDMI-ARC.

Sonos Playbar which has only one optical audio input dear ratty.... again INCREDIBLE!!!
Simple example :
https://www.focal.com/en/home-audio/home-theater/dimension/soundbar-dimension

that's it... not a big deal!!
That's not HDMI-ARC.