Answered

Multiple Audio Sources for Sonos Beam

• 27 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a sonos beam that I use in my room and I will swap between using it for my TV and for my PC. At the moment, I just unplug it from the PC and then plug it into the TV hdmi arc port when I want but this is actually quite a hassel with my cord management. My question is: is there any way that I can employ an HDMi switch so that way at the click of a button I can listen to either my PC or TV on the beam?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 28 October 2021, 00:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi @galbforensic 

You might be able to use a switch like the one in the link. It appears that a Port selected can be changed to support Arc on/off which would be necessary for the Beam when connected to your TV.

For example: Select Port 1 and turn Arc On the output port would then be Arc compatible. The audio menu in your TV would most likely be set to pass-through.

The above is just my speculation based upon what I read. No experience to tell if it actually works:thinking:

https://www.amazon.com/Switcher-Optical-TOSLINK-Function-Wireless/dp/B07G46V5N4/ref=sr_1_8?crid=25AO361FW5TQT&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+arc+switch&qid=1635372780&s=electronics&sprefix=hdmi+arc+switch%2Celectronics%2C63&sr=1-8