Answered

Moved! New House, New Network, Same Sonos Playlists?

• 11 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Alright, here’s a new one: I recently moved and am getting set up in a new house, with a new network name, but all the same Sonos gear. Ideally I’d love for everything to reconnect EXACTLY AS IT WAS… including Sonos playlists! Obviously my Sonos account is still active, and I still have all of the speakers (and the Boost and Sub) - I just want to know if there’s anything special I need to do in reconnecting to preserve everything that I already had! Bonus points if anyone can confirm the Samsung remote control IR blaster will still work with the Playbar, haha

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 October 2021, 05:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

This article will help get you started:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

If possible, keep the same SSID and password as your previous network and the Sonos app should automatically connect to your speakers and new network like before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you are using the Boost you should be able to hook your Ethernet to it, power it up and wait for it to come on-line. Once that happens you should be able to power up your other main Sonos devices, then when they are up your Sub and Surrounds.

Just powering it all up at once might work but I’ve had better luck with the sequence above.

If it worked before the remote should still work.

Do not do any ‘reset (factory reset) of any of your devices.