Question

Microphone Setup

• 6 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I run pub quizzes around my local area and have started doing one that uses a Sonos system. I’ve not come across one in pubs I’ve worked with before, and need to know if it’s possible to use a microphone through it.

Read a lot online, some say it’s impossible, some say it works but with 70ms delay, and others say totally works but need an external audio receiver.

So I need to be able to play music and for me to speak through it.

Any advice is greatly received, even if it’s to say that this just isn’t possible.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @pineapplequizzes, thank you for reaching us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for sharing this with us. Let me help you with this.

Sonos microphone is designed to work with voice services that allow you to control Sonos with your voice to play music, adjust volume, skip tracks, and even get the weather, all through your Sonos speakers. 

It would be great if you can use the speaker microphone while playing music or integrate with other applications. We don't have the information yet to share with you about this. What I can do is send in a feature request to make this available in the Sonos app. We don't have the timeline on this but you can check our announcements when this feature becomes available. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.