Question

Lutron Caseta Scene and Playbar

• 21 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I would like to create a "Goodnight" scene but I am unable to lower the volume using a Caseta scene. It gives me options to "pause" or change the channel source with volume control. However, the TV is not a valid source, so I have to switch to a different music source and set the volume to 0.

However, I would like to have the source stay at TV, so people don't have to switch the source manually when the TV is turned back on.

TV sound is coming from a Tivo box, so the volume is never turned off like it would if the sound came from the TV.

Seems like Lutron should have a volume control setting to zero as well as a pause since pause doesn't work with the TV source.

Thoughts? TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I would like to create a "Goodnight" scene but I am unable to lower the volume using a Caseta scene. It gives me options to "pause" or change the channel source with volume control. However, the TV is not a valid source, so I have to switch to a different music source and set the volume to 0.

However, I would like to have the source stay at TV, so people don't have to switch the source manually when the TV is turned back on.

TV sound is coming from a Tivo box, so the volume is never turned off like it would if the sound came from the TV.

Seems like Lutron should have a volume control setting to zero as well as a pause since pause doesn't work with the TV source.

Thoughts? TIA

I'm thinking this is more of a Lutron Caseta User question. Ive got Sonos, Lutron Caseta, and Picos so I will play around with it this weekend to at least give you confirmation on what I see. Do you have the PlayBase/Bar set up to automatically switch to TV when a source is detected? That's how mine is. I can have it part of a group playing music, but if I turn on my DirecTV it switches out of the group and starts playing the TV sound.
Userlevel 1
Yes, I believe it is set to automatically detect sound. The problem is the tivo box never shuts off, so sound is always coming to the playbar.

If you can try, please let me know.

1. Have tv sound coming through playbar
2. Try to have a caseta scene that turns the tv sound off (or volume 0 really)

What I did try is having two scenes - (1) turn to music with volume zero and (2) pause music. This will allow the tv sound to restart when a person changes the tv volume with the auto detect.

Thanks
Mark
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Ok, i wont be back at home until this weekend, but ill try and see what happens. Ive got a few Lutron goodies coming to play with next week as it is. Got some of the Audio Picos. I am currently using the light dimmer ones, but i got sick of forgetting the buttons and setting the music to diff favorties by accident, LOL. Also got a couple Vizio 6in tablets i am going to use orimarily for Sonos App interface.
Userlevel 1
Any luck on your side? I even tried the Pico Audio remote. While I can adjust the volume, it wants a "Sonos Favorite" for audio. This switches the TV source to the Favorite source. Then when people turn the TV back on, the tv source has to be manually restarted.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have a similar issue. I have a "Movie Time" scene and I would like it to select the TV as a source. The Sonos is set to switch to the TV when it's turned on, but I often have the TV already on (displaying photos) and am playing music on the Sonos PlayBar. When I select the "Movie Time" scene I want it to override the music and select the TV.

The Lutron connection to Sonos can only do play/stop and select a Sonos Favorite. One solution would be to allow the TV to be added to the My Sonos favorites? I submitted a question to Sonos support on this topic. I suppose Lutron might be able to do something about it in their app, but I haven't looked into that option yet.