line out plus speakers

• 21 February 2005
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
I have a b&o mini system in the living room with the sonos hooked into it from line out. I have run speakers to the kitchen as well, in the other room.

Problem I am having is that the signal on line out is not as strong as the direct speakers from the sonos amp.

Wondering what a good solution might be, headphone amp system. other problem is the speakers are in the kitchen and can't be muted. Not enough room for sonos in kitchen.

anybody....

I know I know silly setup.

just didn't want the amp to waste...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

OK I’ll take a crack at it, but I need a little help here with what is where.

The B&O is in the living room. What model B&O?

The Line-Out of the B&O is going to the Line-In of the Sonos ZP. Or is it the other way round?

The Speakers connected to the Sonos ZP are where?

The Speakers connected to the B&O are where? And what kind (BeoLabs, BeoVox, Passive, etc)?

UR
Userlevel 2
sonos line out connected to line in beosound 1 in living room

sonos speaker connections to polk bookshelfs in kitchen

thanks....
The Line-Out on the Sonos ZP is variable, i.e it changes with the volume of the ZP. With the volume of the ZP set to low/medium and the volume on the BeoSound 1 at the maximum, is the difference in loudness between the kitchen speakers and the BeoSound 1 significant? I can’t find a spec on the output wattage of the BeoSound 1, but the maximum Sound Pressure Level is 91 dB, which isn’t super loud. Perhaps the Polks are more efficient.

When you mute the ZP, I would expect the speakers and the line-out to both be muted. Now one could mute the BeoSound 1, say with a Beo4 remote, and the kitchen speakers would continue to play. However the opposite of that (mute kitchen, play BeoSound 1) which I am thinking you want to do, isn’t possible, or maybe I should say not easily done.

One suggestion for the kitchen, would it be possible to put a ZP inside or on top of a cabinet? Two ZPs would fix you up, feeding the line-out from the BeoSound 1 to the line-in of one of the ZPs. Though that would kind of defeat the purpose of the nice self-contained speakers in the BeoSound 1.

Well I am afraid I wasn’t whole lot of help and probably didn’t tell you anything more than you already know. :)

UR
Hi all can you help ? I have a beosound 1 in the kitchen and would like to play music and radio from Sonos through it.

Is this possible ?
If so what Sonos parts do I need to connect to it and what wires do I need ?

Thanks

Nick
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi all can you help ? I have a beosound 1 in the kitchen and would like to play music and radio from Sonos through it.

Is this possible ?
If so what Sonos parts do I need to connect to it and what wires do I need ?

Thanks

Nick

I on't understand why you'd want to do that as the Beosund 1 is all that according to the B & O website.

But to answer your question as there is no input on your salt shaker thingy it can't be done.

Sell the Beosund 1 and buy a Play 1