Answered

Issue with connect amp gen 2 and plugs

• 3 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

Really hoping someone can help. I’ve had 4 speakers hard wired into the ceilings with good quality speaker cable. 2x left and 2x right.

The cables are too thick to fit 2 into a single banana plug that came with the amp.

I purchased some stackable banana plugs instead which the cables fit into fine BUT the actual “plug” bit is too big for the holes in the back of the amp?! They fit fine in my Blue Sound amp.

Please help :(

icon

Best answer by John B 3 September 2022, 12:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Can’t you just connect the speaker wires directly to the terminals, and forget about plugs?  You can use insulating tape if there is any risk of a contact between negative and positive.

Can’t you just connect the speaker wires directly to the terminals, and forget about plugs?  You can use insulating tape if there is any risk of a contact between negative and positive.

I agree. And done well there is no such risk; I have my audiophile quality - which mainly means thick - speaker cables inserted directly into the well built spring loaded terminals on the Connect Amp for many years now without any issues. You just want to make sure that the load of the weight of the cable is not directly on the inserted wires by relieving that weight somewhere close to the terminals.