Answered

ISO CenturyLink certified modem with functional USB port for SMB sharing

• 3 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

I’m looking for a CenturyLink certified modem with functional USB port so I can run my library from a USB flash drive. The USB port has been disabled on all the CenturyLink modems that I can find accurate info on (some literature says it’s functional when in fact it is not). Has anyone else run into this issue?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 3 January 2021, 23:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

This is a Sonos community, you may get better information on a networking forum. Or by contacting CenturyLink directly.

Userlevel 2

This is a Sonos community, you may get better information on a networking forum. Or by contacting CenturyLink directly.

Thanks. I’ve tried both of those routes but to no avail.

Userlevel 2

If this is a dead end, I’m open to other suggestions (Raspberry Pi?). I’m fairly competent with technology but a bit intimidated if I need to do any coding that’s beyond cut-and-paste.

There is a frequent poster, @Stanley_4 , who posts about using a raspberry pi solution, since I’ve tagged him, perhaps he can share with you. As I recall, he also has an external website where he has shared his setup process. Let’s see whether he has notifications turned on. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @pscheff 

Have you reviewed the modems in the link below. Can’t vouch for them but thought you might add to your research.

https://www.centurylink.com/home/help/internet/modems-and-routers/compatible-modems.html

Stanley posted a link to his web page at the end of this thread: