How To Pair A Samsung UN65KS9500XFZA TV & Sonos PlayBar

• 13 February 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge
This topic should assist with pairing multiple devices connected via HDMI on the Smart Hub to use the Sonos Playbar through the Optical Connection.

Once the TV has been completely setup. Ensure that the Sonos optical cable is connected to the Samsung Smart Hub. These settings will only allow you to use the remote for volume control on the devices connected on the HDMI Ports, it will not allow you to control them via Samsung's Anyconnect option. If you need to control a device using the Anyconnect feature, then ignore setting up that HDMI port. As an example, I have 3 devices (Playstation, Amazon Fire TV & Chromecast) connected to the HDMI Ports.

To Setup, follow these steps:
For TV & Amazon Fire TV Settings
01. Select Sources from the menu.
02. Select Universal Remote
03. Select New Device
04. Select Home Theater
05. Type Sonos on the search option
06. Select Sonos
07. Select the HDMI Port of the device being setup
08. Select Power Test (Nothing will happen)
09. Select Yes
10. Select Done to complete or New Device to setup another device.

For TV & Amazon Fire TV Settings
03. Select New Device
03. Select Blu-Ray Player
04. Select Home Theater as connection type
05. Select Sonos as the External Speaker
06. Select Sony from the brand list
09. Select Yes

Note:
I hope these steps help those who have been having issues with controlling the sound through the remote. I for one, do not care to control the devices connected to the TV with the remote. This took me a bit to figure out, but until they make the Smart Hub control the PlayBar regardless of the device connected through the use of the TV remote and not having to use the Universal Setup option.... This should suffice. 😛 - Enjoy!@

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge
I failed to rename the Section for the second set of instructions which I used to setup the Playstation & Chromecast. But all the steps are correct. I will copy paste them here, just in case since I can't edit my topic.

For Playstation & Chromecast Settings
03. Select New Device
03. Select Blu-Ray Player
04. Select Home Theater as connection type
05. Select Sonos as the External Speaker
06. Select Sony from the brand list
09. Select Yes

Note:
One quick thing I forgot to mention - Once you have all the devices setup. On the TV, select sources, then highlight the source you want to use, press "up" and Edit. You can change the Icon and Name of the devices there as well as add it to your favorites on the bottom apps bar.