Question

How to control SONOS app on iPhone with BRIDGE mesh network?

• 27 December 2016
  • 3 replies

From what I've read, SONOS BRIDGE creates a dedicated mesh network for the system. Does this mean that every time I want to use the SONOS app on my iPhone I will need to change the WiFi network settings on my phone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No. The Boost plugs into your router, so is accessible ftom your wifi.
Not at all. Your phone only needs to connect to your WiFi. You will establish Sonosnet by wiring one BRIDGE/BOOST/player to your router. The wired Sonos is then the "bridge" between your WiFi and Sonosnet. From your viewpoint, they are then all on the same network. You can even use the Ethernet ports on the back of the Sonos devices to plug in a computer or other device for access to your LAN or the internet.
Thank you both! That's great news. Seems like my overall WiFi performance has decreased a bit since setting up the SONOS system directly to my Airport Extreme router (wirelessly). I read that SONOS speakers only support wireless b/g standard and will force the router to use those even if it supports higher standards line wireless n or ag. That can bring down performance. I don't know for sure if that's actually true, though.... Anyway, will give the bridge a try and see if it helps.