Question

How to connect Sonos to Pioneer VSX-527 setup

• 26 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I have a Pioneer VSX-527 receiver connected to my TV, speakers, a Mac mini, a Wii and an Apple TV. I use a Logitech Harmony to control most of this setup. I hate that I have to switch on the receiver and the Mac mini, and then run Spotify in order to stream Spotify in our home. (I could also Airplay it to the Apple TV, but I would still have to turn everything on, and I'd be dependant on a single mobile device.)

I would like to be able to stream my Spotify music whenever I want, without first having to switch on stuff. But I need my receiver for connecting all my devices to my TV and my speakers. I would love to reuse these speakers for my music streaming, instead of having a separate system for this.

So I'm thinking of placing a Sonos Connect:Amp between my receiver and my speakers. I could connect the speakers to the Connect:Amp and that would enable me to stream music over my existing speakers. But how can I connect the Pioneer receiver to the Connect:Amp? It doesn't seem to have an RCA output, does it?

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Damn. I just realised that even if this would work, I would lose surround sound this way...