Answered

How to connect Arc soundbar to receiver

• 10 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello all. So I am new to the whole ‘soundbar’ game. I recently went to Best Buy to get their advice on what kind of soundbar and receiver to get for what I was trying to do, and they recommended getting a Denon receiver (AVR-S650H) and Sonos Arc soundbar. My goal was to have the soundbar connected to the TV and also to the receiver (because we use the receiver to play the radio through, and when we turn on the radio on the receiver, we’re wanting the radio to play through the soundbar). So, I have successfully connected the Arc soundbar to my TV (which I did via the HDMI Arc cable) to play the TV’s sound through it (and there have been no issues with this). But I am also wanting to connect the soundbar to my Denon AVR-S650H receiver (again, to have the radio come through the soundbar), but I am having difficulty on how to do this. How can I connect the Arc soundbar to the radio receiver without disconnecting it from my TV? Thank you

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 11 February 2024, 00:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Landon53 

Sorry to say that the hard way… but at best buy they told you such a *uuups*. There’s no way to connect a Audio Receiver to the Sonos Soundbar and anyway that isn’t an official usecase. 
You will need a Sonos device with an analogue line in for that. But why doing this just to listen to radio? Sonos has got a lot of radio services and streaming services you can connect to directly. Just use the Sonos App and connect your system to a radio service and let your Sonos Arcs room play every station you like. 

@Landon53

Sorry to say that the hard way… but at best buy they told you such a *uuups*. There’s no way to connect a Audio Receiver to the Sonos Soundbar and anyway that isn’t an official usecase. 
You will need a Sonos device with an analogue line in for that. But why doing this just to listen to radio? Sonos has got a lot of radio services and streaming services you can connect to directly. Just use the Sonos App and connect your system to a radio service and let your Sonos Arcs room play every station you like. 

Okay, thank you