Answered

How do you delete imported playlists from Sonos S2 system?

• 2 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Sonos Community,

I have a Sonos Whole House Music system with Port, Playbar, and (4) One SL’s. The system is configured into 3 rooms, and my main music source is my music library on an Apple MacBook Pro running MacOS Sonoma 14.3, The system is working fine. I added a playlist to Apple Music of songs in my music library, but this new playlist does not show up in my Sonos Library Imported Playlists, and other playlists I don’t use I want to delete, I can’t delete old playlists, or add the new playlist to Sonos with S2 version 15.11. Any ideas? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by BenP 6 February 2024, 16:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Imported Playlists have to be deleted on the device they reside eg your NAS or file system, Sonos treats your music library as Read Only.

controlav, thanks for your note. I was not able to solve this problem until I read the article submitted to the community by rodeknyt about a month ago. This article was key to solving the problem. First, configure Apple Music as desired, add or remove playlists as needed, Once Apple Music is configured as desired,

From Apple Music, export the desired Music Library to the shared Music folder. The export is an xml file.  Rename Library.xml to iTunes Library.xml. Delete all other versions of the xml file in the Music folder directory tree. From the Sonos S2 app, go to System -> Settings -> Music Library, and re-index the Music Library with Update Music Index Now.. From the S2 app, Browse to Music Library -> Imported Playlists. Playlists should be ready to go.