Skip to main content
Question

How do I stop Alexa from creating Sonos TV devices?

• 21 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I have 10 Sonos amps.  I only use Sonos for music -- none of my amps are connected to a TV.  For each amp ‘TV Autoplay’ and ‘Use IR’ are turned off.

I have set up each amp as a device in my Alexa app.  However, for each amp Alexa has created two devices -- a speaker device (which I want), and a TV device (which I don’t want).  It I delete the TV devices in my Alexa app, Alexa just adds them back.  How do I stop Alexa from adding Sonos TV devices for Sonos amps that have no TV connection?

4 replies

I’m not sure that you can, though I think you can disable them.  To be honest this is more of a question for Amazon than Sonos, but either way I’m not sure there is a solution.  I rarely go into the Alexa app so I have found them easy to ignore 😋

I don’t think you can - perhaps just simply ignore them. If they are conflicting with another device in some way, then perhaps rename them (or disable them, as suggested by Andrew-s).

Amazon’s response - Talk to Sonos.  Amazon is just processing the information generated by Sonos -- the problem is with Sonos because Sonos is sending setup data to Alexa for a device that doesn’t exist.  

Amazon’s response - Talk to Sonos.  Amazon is just processing the information generated by Sonos -- the problem is with Sonos because Sonos is sending setup data to Alexa for a device that doesn’t exist.  

The Amazon/Sonos TV icon is for TV CEC control over HDMI-ARC - it’s there in situ, but you’re just choosing to not use that feature of the Amp. Similarly you may see the line-in/out settings in the Sonos App, which you may, or may not be using. If you’re not using these features I’d just ignore them, they should not affect the operation of your Amp/Speakers.