Skip to main content
Question

Harmony & Sonos - Clear the queue?

• 29 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Hey guys,

I am getting the majority of setup on my new automated home finished. Right now I am stuck on "moods" for listening on my Sonos.

Example: In my livingroom/office, I set up three "moods" 1.) Morning chill 2.) Office background music 3.) End of day Rock playlist

Currently, when I select any other these playlists in Harmony (each playlist is listed in my Sonos Favorites and then shown in the harmony remote), SONOS takes all the songs in the playlist and adds to the current queue. This happens both when starting a new "listen to sonos" with a selected channel as well as when using the remote to select a new playlist once the the activity is started.

This obviously doesn't work well, considering I am trying to change the mood of the room permanently with each selection, not mix the playlists together.

Has anyone figured a way to have Harmony replace queue, instead of add to queue?

Alternatively, is there a way to have Sonos default to replace queue, instead of add to queue. I RARELY need to add one playlist to another.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
"Replace queue" is actually something that the controller handles, completely. It consists of a clear queue followed by an add to queue. Because of this, it's not something that can be changed as a default, but needs to be handled by the Harmony integration. How much can you customize your "moods"? Maybe there is an option with the moods, somehow.
jhayd11, were you able to find a way to replace your playlist, or alternatively find a way to clear, then play you favorite playlist with the harmony remote? Running into same issue here.
Has anyone found a way to make this work? I have exact same issue/pipe dream. I would love to automate some routines/activities with Harmony and Sonos, and shuffle playlists when they play, but don't want playlists to mix when I shuffle them.
I would also be very interested in this feature. Trying to be able to play different playlists from Sonos each morning or when ever. It's ok if you don't want to shuffle but I don't want to listen to the same songs and sequence each time i play the play list. Shuffling then mixes all the playlists that have been added since I last cleared the queue...
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
This is something that Harmony would need to change in their integration with Sonos. They would need to clear the queue first before having the selected playlist be added to it. I don't think there's anything Sonos can do for this.