Ethernet Switch

• 26 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Good Morning, 

Novice here. Sonos Arc, Sub, 2 SL’s. Arc is of course hardwired to ethernet. The rest of the video is ROKU wifi’d controlled by Logitech Universal connected to a Panasonic 60’ plasma. Router is of ATT type with a Nighthawk extender. 

After a home remodel the router is now stuck in a built in cabinet and all we want now is to get the contractors out of here. That being said wifi signal to the 60’ is ok for streaming but I think it could be much better. 

A little interwebbing ethernet connection to ROKU would be optimal. Has anyone placed an ethernet switch at the site where it connects to the Sonos bar? Im thinking it could work and connect it to my Roku. Then set up a hard wired connection.

I’d love to tackle this if it's feasible. However need the experts advice before I start pulling and plugging.

Thanks

Dan Nicholas

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m anal about wiring and would install an “unmanaged” switch. Don’t wire any SONOS units through an extender, wire through the main router.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have single Ethernet runs to several rooms and use a small / cheap 5 to 8 port switch to split out dedicated lines for each device in the room.

Check this list BEFORE you go shopping.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/incompatible-network-hardware