Does Sonos Arc and Amp

• 1 December 2020
  • 2 replies

My Sonos arc only works with my Sonos amp (rear speakers) when the arc is connected to my network via Ethernet.  Does this sound correct? When I unplug the Ethernet cable from the Arc the rear speakers powered by the Sonos amp no longer play.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, this doesn’t sound correct. In a normal ‘bonded’ setup, the Amp connects to the Arc using a 5Ghz channel created by the Arc, and not across the Ethernet cable. 

Is it possible that there is something close to either the Arc or the Amp that is causing wifi interference ? Are the devices close enough for a 5Ghz signal to reach?

I would also recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up. If there is a hardware issue in either device, it’s likely to show up in that data.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Did you turn WiFi off on the Arc?  It needs to be on.