Answered

Control Speakers over VPN Tunnel

• 23 January 2019
  • 3 replies

So I have a client that has two building separated by a parking lot. The buildings have two completely different network but they do have a site to site VPN tunnel connecting the two networks. For these purposes I'll refer to these as site A and site B going forward. The network at site A is 192.168.1.x and the network at site B is 192.168.2.x

The client would like to have a controller on their front desk computer at site A be able to control 2 speaks located at site A and two speakers located at site B that pump music into the customer waiting areas. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by ratty 23 January 2019, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It might be, so long as the VPN handles multicasts and broadcasts correctly. Sonos relies on them for device discovery.
The are using Ubiquiti Edge Routers and I do not believe that they can handle multicast over VPN
The simplest option would probably be to have remote desktop access to a machine on the other subnet.