Connecting to Marantz 1504 as Network Media Player

• 2 June 2014
  • 8 replies

I have a Connect AMP and just purchased a Marantz NR1504. Is there a way to play from the SONOS to the 1504 through the Network without connecting speaker output? Basically using the SONOS as my media player. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello David,

Sonos device would have to be connected to the Marantz NR1504 directly in order to play content to that device.

The CONNECT:AMP only has audio inputs so the Sonos device you would want to consider would be the CONNECT. 
Hi

I have sonos connect and a Marantz Nr1504.
I would like to connect SOnos to Marantz of course, but I can't figure out how : the audio inputs on Marantz are designed for CD, DVD and Cable Sat, and when I connect Sonos device to these audio inputs, it does not work. I tried to connect Sono to the AUX of Marantz but it is impossible (the Aux is HDMI only).

Could you please help me ? I purchased Marantz specificaly to play the content of Sonos.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi

I have sonos connect and a Marantz Nr1504.
I would like to connect SOnos to Marantz of course, but I can't figure out how : the audio inputs on Marantz are designed for CD, DVD and Cable Sat, and when I connect Sonos device to these audio inputs, it does not work. I tried to connect Sono to the AUX of Marantz but it is impossible (the Aux is HDMI only).

Could you please help me ? I purchased Marantz specificaly to play the content of Sonos.

Hello Khoshize,

The Sonos CONNECT can be connected to one of those 3 inputs (CD, DVD, Cable). Please ensure that you when plug in the CONNECT you are using the OUTputs which are the audio connections closest to the ethernet ports. Make sure that the receiver is also on the corresponding input. Try playing multiple services as well as your music library to test content. 

You can also try changing the audio setting to 'Fixed' and test the system this way. To do so from a controller on your computer, go to: Manage > Settings > Room Settings > CONNECT > Fixed

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this and I'll be happy to assist you. 
Hi... Can I use Sonos Speakers for a Marantz 1504 to play any of the Inputs (CBL/SAT, CD, AUX, etc)??
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi... Can I use Sonos Speakers for a Marantz 1504 to play any of the Inputs (CBL/SAT, CD, AUX, etc)??
If you're looking to play the Sonos sources into that Marantz system, the CONNECT has analog, optical, and coaxial outputs which can be plugged into one of the inputs as Dominique described above.
Actually I am looking to play the Marantz Outputs into a Sonos Speaker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Indeed, just noticed the other thread. Let's continue there.
Hey - I just did what Dominque said and the connect is not playing through the Marantz NR1504. I have it connected from the Output into the CBL/SAT input, and the Marantz is on the correct channel.