Answered

Connecting Playbar to a projector with 3.5mm audio out

• 16 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Upgraded our living room from smart TV to projector. The audio out on the projector is 3.5 mm. What is the easiest way to connect to the optical input on the Playbar? Maybe I'm stupid but it seems like all of the solutions I find are converters that go from optical to 3.5 mm versus the other way around. Any help that can be provided is very much appreciated!

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by John B 17 March 2019, 01:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I don't think you want to use the audio out on the projector. You want to send the audio direct from the sources to the Playbar and the video to the projector. What sources are you looking to play? How are they connected?
I'm with John on this. The maximum I've ever seen on a 3.5mm connection is stereo, and not Dolby Digital.
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I have 2 sources: Google fiber TV box, Blu-ray DVD player.

Both connect via HDMI. With my smart TV, I plugged the optical from the Playbar directly into the TV.

Thanks,

Darren
Then I think you need an HDMI switch with optical out. Sources into switch, HDMI out goes to projector, optical out to Playbar.
Awesome, just ordered one off of Amazon, thank you for all the help!