Connecting Bose 51 outdoor speakers

I have Bose speakers that came with their own amplifier I now own connect app and connect I want to connect my Bose speakers to my connect amp should I also connect the Bose amp that originally came with that system. My connect amp also currently powers a set of indoor cieling speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Bose Freespace 51 speakers are 4 ohms. So a connect:Amp will only power one set of 2 of these and no other speakers.

If you want to hook them up to the Connect:Amp and at the same time connect the existing indoor speakers ... you'll need to put all 4 speakers on an impedence matching switch between the speakers and the Connect:Amp. Example: http://a.co/0Hmhpe1

No you can't use your existing Bose Amplifier to hook to Connect:Amp - - that would require a Connect.
Thank you. I also have a connect so would the wise thing be to hook up the Bose speakers to the Bose amp and then the Bose amp to the connect?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm assuming the Bose amp has audio input (Bose is strange about inputs/outputs). But yes feed from connect output (which has digital and analog outs) into the Bose Amp - that drives then the speakers.
Thank you.
One thing. I looked at the amp. Photo attached.

Deleted my question. I finally was able to boost the gain enough on my monitor to see. Those RCA jacks (red and white) are inputs to that device, so you could connect the cables to that.
thanks
Badge
I just moved into a house and the previous owner left a pair of Bose FreeSpace 51 outdoor speakers and attached to an Bose Amp as shown above. I connected a Sonos Connect with the Bose amp using the RCA jacks Everything seems to work accept when the volume is turned to low the Bose speakers/ amp will turn off. There are some toggle settings on the ampo that allow the amp to detect an input signal in on the Aux RCA inputs. This can be turned on or off. I turned it on. I don't know if this is what is causing my problem. Im wondering if anyone else has any experience with this setup...
There are some toggle settings on the ampo that allow the amp to detect an input signal in on the Aux RCA inputs. This can be turned on or off. I turned it on. I don't know if this is what is causing my problem.

Likely, this is the issue. The switching threshold of the amplifier is too high for your situation.

For equipment designers this is mostly a no win situation. If the switch threshold is too low, there will be nuisance turn-ON's (because there is always a little noise in a system) or, as in your case, the system may turn OFF at awkward times when the threshold is too high.

I'm not familiar with your amplifier, but there may be some adjustments to the threshold sensitivity. You also might be able to reduce the amplifier's gain and increase the output of CONNECT.

If you are a rock-n-roll fan, Dark side of the Moon is a miserable track because the initial "heartbeat" slowly increases in level -- thoroughly frustrating this sort of power management.
Badge
Thank you for your reply. I’m not aware of any adjustments the the Bose amp May have. It appears to only have a toggle switch that either turns it on or off.... but at least it has that. I do like dark side of the moon so I’ll test it with that but I’m willing to live with the restriction. Thanks