Question

Connecting 4 Moves together from a Port

• 7 October 2020
  • 9 replies

connecting move speakers together

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Can it be done over wifi?

Sure. Not in the same “room”, but as a group, absolutely. 

I have a port and 4 move speakers connected by wifi and all move speakers labeled individually. (as independent rooms) but having issues connecting all 4 at the same time from the port audio. What could I be doing wrong??

Hard to tell. You should be able to group all four speakers together as suggested in the link I provided.

That is not working for me. I can play individual move speakers and play different music from pandora on each individual speaker at one time but cannot get all of them playing at one time on the same music stream.

Also cannot get music from the port to play on any of the move speakers.

Could it be a “network” problem at my house?

Thank you for your help.

It might be, I’m not really sure. Might be worth a simple network refresh by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug isn’t the Sonos devices. This has multiple benefits, like relaxing / refreshing the software on both the router and the Sonos devices, amongst other things, and certainly can’t hurt.

It may be worth reading the wifi interference FAQ as well, on the offhand chance there is some weird issue there as well.

At the end of the day, though, if neither of those work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Thank you! I will do and I will post the results.

Would certainly be interested in furthering my knowledge ;)

still not working. going to call Sonos