Question

connect to powered speakers

• 11 November 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a sonos connect for several play speakers throughout my home. The connect is located in my music room (but I do not have a speaker in this room). However, I have a nice system that I would like to have the option of running through. Can I run the connect through my Zoom R24 recorder and then into some Yamaha HS5 powered speakers? Before I try to connect any of this, I thought it might be best to get some input about whether this is possible to do, and if it is, how to do it. Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I think we need to clarify something first. Play speakers have no need for a Connect. So please could you explain your first sentence? What function is the Connect performing? Are you using it for a line in?
You are correct and i misspoke. I put the Connect in this room initially to use as a line in.
The Connect outputs are like those of any source device like a CD player or tuner - line level though, so not like that from the usual turntable. I do not know the Zoom, but the Connect for sure can directly supply signals to either the analog or digital inputs of any powered speaker. If the latter does not have a volume control, be sure to set the Connect outputs to variable so that the Connect volume control comes into play.