Connect Sonos Move and Beam to a Tv

• 7 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone ! 
I had trouble to find a way to connect my sonos beam and move to my tv. After a few tries I found that having the sonos beam connected by hdmi to the tv and the sonos move connected by wifi you could have them both working together for movies etc by using the app Sonos.  It helps sync both speaker even if they aren’t connected the same way. Hope it helps you !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Important to note that when the Move’s “room” in the Sonos software is grouped with the Beam’s ‘room’, there will normally be a delay of 75ms between the sound on the Beam, and the sound on the Move. And, of course, you can’t use a pair of Moves as surround speakers, either. 

Indeed, There is no surround when doing it this way. However, I didn’t notice any delay between the two speakers

The delay would only be when using the digital input (from the TV) on the Beam, and between that ‘room’ and any grouped ‘room’. There would be zero delay between the two ‘rooms’ when playing streamed music. 

Indeed, There is no surround when doing it this way. However, I didn’t notice any delay between the two speakers

If you do go onto encounter any sync issues, then see the information below, which can also sometimes work well with TV audio and nearby grouped Sonos rooms:

Use the TV Dialog Sync setting in the Sonos app to delay TV audio:

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the  Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Tap the home theater product you want to adjust.
  4. Under the Home Theater section, tap TV Dialog Sync.
  5. Move the slider to the right to delay the audio until it is in sync with the video.