Skip to main content
Question

Connect eARC to sound bar or AVR

• 14 June 2024
  • 4 replies

My current setup is TV to eARC sonos sound bar and sonos AVR with 2 passive speakers as surround sound.

I just discovered sonos AVR having an eARC as well.

my questions are:

1. Should i connect TV to sonos AVR by eARC instead of sound bar?
  2. If it works, is the sound better than the other way?

Thank you in advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Are you referring to the Amp when you say AVR? 

If using the Amp for surrounds, leave the eARC output of the TV connected to your soundbar. There is no value in using the Amps HDMI input for your home theater, unless you are using one for the front, in which case you will plug the HDMI from your TV this this Amp, and one for surrounds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In a Sonos set up when you use soundbar with an Amp for surround duties, the soundbar should be connected to the TV. It will connect to the Amp via a dedicated 5Ghz connection.

By the way, the Amp only does HDMI-Arc, not eARC.

If using the Amp for surrounds, leave the eARC output of the TV connected to your soundbar. There is no value in using the Amps HDMI input for your home theater, unless you are using one for the front, in which case you will plug the HDMI from your TV this this Amp, and one for surrounds.

I’m using sonos receiver.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I’m using sonos receiver.

Post a picture of the Sonos receiver please.