Answered

Compatible Turntables for Sonos Play 5 pairing with WIFI only - no RCA cables

Hi 

I am running a Stero pair of Sonos 5 and the sub and want to pair up a turntable , can any one suggest the WIFI connected turntable that I may look at which would connect and play without the RCA cables.

Need to connect over wifi please

icon

Best answer by John B 15 June 2023, 09:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

There is only one in existence:

https://victrola.com/products/victrola-stream-carbon-works-with-sonos-turntable

Or you could purchase a Sonos Roam and connect any Bluetooth turntable, then share the Roam's bluetooth audio with your other Sonos speakers.

Thanks . 
Yes the roam has a bt connectivity . The issue ( big) is that i have the play 5 ( L+R) and that is not BT enabled .

i guess some one will manufacture a turntable witb wifi connection…

sonos ! Wakey wakey …. Not good …. Every accessory to your ecosystem ( your or 3rd party ) cannot always break the bank 

Thanks . 
Yes the roam has a bt connectivity . The issue ( big) is that i have the play 5 ( L+R) and that is not BT enabled .

i guess some one will manufacture a turntable witb wifi connection…

sonos ! Wakey wakey …. Not good …. Every accessory to your ecosystem ( your or 3rd party ) cannot always break the bank 

Read my post again.  The first part is a link to a wifi turntable made for Sonos.

Plus you can ‘group’ the Roam with the pair of PLAY:5s and get the turntables input coming from them, in addition to the Roam. 

Which is exactly what @jgatie said in his first reply. You may want to reread it multiple times. 

Thanks all 

While i love the  ecosystem . But to be limited on what you can connect to play 5 via wifi is very good!

Makes little sense to me to buy a roam …connect on BT …and then buy a less expensive TT and then connect to a top of line FIVE ….

anyways thanks all

You can buy a cheap Bluetooth receiver and connect it to the line-in on the Play:5. Best to use the left speaker as this acts as the controller for the stereo pair.

Any BT-enabled turntable can then be used (subject to BT format compatibility.

Thanks John B 

any brand recommendations please .

any brand recommendations please .

If I knew anything about that I would happily share it!

My only advice would be to get a receiver capable of handling the better BT formats like aptX. And of course a turntable capable of sending those formats 

There is only one in existence:

https://victrola.com/products/victrola-stream-carbon-works-with-sonos-turntable

Or you could purchase a Sonos Roam and connect any Bluetooth turntable, then share the Roam's bluetooth audio with your other Sonos speakers.

The Carbon TT would that be able to connect to a port or sonos Amp via Wifi?

The Carbon TT would that be able to connect to a port or sonos Amp via Wifi?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This? https://argonaudio.com/products/tt-4

I would not say you “connect it to a Port or Amp via wifi”. You’d connect it to the Port or Amp with cables and the Port or Amp would get the sound of the turntable in the Sonos system via wifi.