Answered

Combining Sonance 8.1 outdoor with Sonos indoor wireless speakers on one app

• 19 August 2023
  • 4 replies

We are remolding a house we will move into and we just finished our outdoor pool and looking at getting the Sonance 8.1 outdoor system and then also have Sonos bluetooth speakers in various rooms inside.  I would like to have all this on the same Sonos App where I can control it all together, or use different music in different areas.  And then I’ll combine the app to Google home to control it with voice.  I have searched for hours for this answer.  Hoping someone can help me out so I buy the right products!  Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 19 August 2023, 18:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Sonance 8.1 includes an amplifier, so you would only need the Sonos Port as a source to connect to the amplifier.  Then you can put speakers throughout the home as you see fit, and they’ll all be accessible through the Sonos app.  Note:  The Sonos app uses Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth.  There are some Sonos speakers which use Bluetooth, but that is not the primary way to access them. 

The Sonance 8.1 includes an amplifier, so you would only need the Sonos Port as a source to connect to the amplifier.  Then you can put speakers throughout the home as you see fit, and they’ll all be accessible through the Sonos app.  Note:  The Sonos app uses Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth.  There are some Sonos speakers which use Bluetooth, but that is not the primary way to access them. 

Thank you!  This is an existing house so if I get the port I can connect as many wireless speakers as I like to it and have all the different rooms in my house it sounds like?  Thank you again!  The Port is what I wasn’t sure if I needed with all the reading I’ve done!

Thank you!  This is an existing house so if I get the port I can connect as many wireless speakers as I like to it and have all the different rooms in my house it sounds like?  Thank you again!  The Port is what I wasn’t sure if I needed with all the reading I’ve done!

The Port will appear in the app as a Room (name the room whatever you wish - Outside, Sonance, etc.).  The other speakers will also appear as rooms.  The app can be used to play different music in each room, or group/ungroup rooms to play the same source.  Note the maximum number of Sonos devices in one household is 32. 

Please note the Sonos Era speakers do not have Google voice enabled.  You may still be able to control them via Google Home (not sure on that), but the on board mics will not accept Google voice commands.  They are controllable via Alexa and Sonos Voice control though.