Answered

Can I adjust the bass on the Sub and Soundbar Separately?

• 11 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hey all,

I've got a Sonos Playbar mounted on the wall underneath my TV. I've also got a Sonos Sub separately.

I was wondering if it's possible to adjust the bass level from the Playbar separately from the Sub. I've even be keen to turn off the Playbars bass entirely, and just have the Sub handling it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
icon

Best answer by nik9669a 11 July 2019, 17:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Yes, in Settings, Room settings choose the room with the speakers (Lounge, or whatever you call it). Then go to Advanced audio, Sub settings, and the sub can be turned on/off and it’s level selected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Sorry - just re-read your question and I don’t think I answered it the way you meant.

I think youre asking if the crossover level at which playbar and sub handle the lower frequencies can be selected. I think the answer to that is no. When the sub is bonded to speaker(s) Sonos have pre-set those crossover frequencies, with perhaps some customising from Trueplay.
Thanks for responding.

But yeah, looking to turn off the bass in the Playbar and increase the bass in the Sub.

Seems strange that that you cannot control them separately.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
You can boost the bass in the Sub’s settings though. That part of my answer still applies.