Answered

Can I add two Play 1s to Playbar for better stereo?

• 7 November 2018
  • 4 replies

I have a Playbar under the TV and sub and would like to add a Play 1 on each side for better stereo. Will that work and are there any set up tricks to follow? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 November 2018, 01:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Not terribly feasible, unfortunately. The PLAYBAR has the Right, Center and Left speakers already inside of it, and can't send a separated Left and Right signal to other speakers. Additionally, since the only speakers you can add to that "room" in the Sonos system are surround speakers, they wouldn't be a help. You could potentially set up a separate "room" to group with the PLAYBAR's room, but the fact that there's at least a 70ms delay that would be part of the buffering required, it might create an echo, or stadium effect that you may not like.
Bruce thanks so much. If I just used two Play 1s with the sub would that give better sound than the Playbar (which I could use in another room)? Thanks Philip
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Personally I'd add the Play 1s as surrounds and under the settings for that room set the Music setting to FULL.

In my experience that is pretty good for music and will also enhance your TV/film enjoyment
I'm with Stuart here. First, you wouldn't be able to easily get the sound from the TV to the two PLAY:1s, since there's no line in on them. Stick with the PLAYBAR for the TV, if you don't want to use the PLAY:1s as surround speakers, use them for music in another "room".