Bluesound & Sonos App

• 3 November 2018
  • 8 replies

I'm looking at buying a Bluesound VAULT 2i for my CD collection, can you connect and use a VAULT 2i with the Sonos network, also can you browse your ripped CD collection via the Sonos app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

No. Products of different vendors are not compatible.
If you have a computer you could save yourself a huge pile of cash and just get a cheap NAS drive and use that for your Sonos music library.
Thanks guys, I had been told you could connect the two together via the Sonos Connect.
Can't imagine how... and that would be burning even more money!
It was someone from Richer Sounds, said you could connect via the optical port on the VAULT 2i to the optical port on the Sonos Connect!? I'm not sure that's why I'm checking here. They said it would appear as a Line-in device like a turntable does!
It may appear as a line in device, but you will have to control it separately. That’s one controller for Sonos, and one for the Bluesound. As mentioned, get an NAS (I use a WD MyBookLiveDuo). My Sonos loves it too. Been streaming my local library from it forever.
Thanks guys, appreciate the advise!
It was someone from Richer Sounds, said you could connect via the optical port on the VAULT 2i to the optical port on the Sonos Connect!? I'm not sure that's why I'm checking here. They said it would appear as a Line-in device like a turntable does!That sounds rubbish to me, unusually for RS. The optical on the Connect is an output not an input.