Beoplay A9 MKII + Sonos Port

• 16 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I currently have 2 different set-ups: 1 Beoplay A9 MKII in my living room and a Sonos multiroom system in my bedrooms and outdoor. 

I would like to add 2 devices to my Sonos system: the Beoplay A9 MKII and a turntable. 

Is my simple assumption correct, that I can just connect the turntable via line-in and the Beoplay A9 via line-out?

Thanks a lot for your advice and help!

Best, Manuel

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Connect the turntable and Beoplay to what? When I look at https://icecat.biz/en-my/p/bang+-+olufsen/1200235/loudspeakers-5705260049916-beoplay+a9+mkii-30230565.html the Beoplay does not do line out?

If you’d buy a Sonos Port you could connect your turntable to the Line in on the Port (the Port needs a line level connection, so a preamp, either built in or extraneous is needed) and the Beoplay could be connected to the Line out on the Port. This way you can play the music from your your turntable on your Sonos system and your Beoplay. Since the Beoplay does not seem to have a line out, you cannot use that as a source for Sonos.

Hello and thank you very much for your swift response. 

The way you have described the solution is actually exactly what I was hoping to get confirmed (I guess my initial message needed more details). 

So thank you for confirming I can add my turntable (which has a built in preamp) to the Line-in on the port and additionally my Beoplay to the Line-out on the port. 

Much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Manuel

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You're welcome. Just check your Beoplay does really have a Line in in.

This I can confirm (to anyone else who might need this information). Currently I have connected my turntable to the line-in on my A9.