Question

B&O9000 via Cambridge Audio Amp to Sonos Port

• 9 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Any assistance would be much appreciated. I have a B&O9000 CD player that I would like to connect to Sonos environment - 6 Sonos 1’s, 1 playbar. This will be connected via a Cambridge Audio base amp along with a project carbon turntable. I have a 7 pin fin to 2 X RCA phono cables but for some reason we can’t get the sound into the Sonos wireless ecosystem. B&O has a built in amp. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

So, you’re connecting the RCA cables to the line in on the Sonos Port? Is the data on those cables line level, or does it get controlled by the volume on the Cambridge?

In general, a Sonos Port is designed to work like a tape deck, connected to a tape loop. The Sonos is expecting a standsrfpd line level input, essentially exactly what dips coming out of the CD player. In fact, it might be easier to test using just the CD player to set the Sonos up initially, once you have the CD player working, you can swap it out with this amp. 

It wouldn’t hurt to provide more specifics as to what connections you’re actually using, perhaps supported by some photographs of the backs of all these devices.