Question

B&O Beolab 6000 witch Connect and subwoofer?

• 10 August 2017
  • 4 replies

I am looking for the best way to connect my B&O Beolab 6000 active speakers and a sub to the Sonos system. My current situation is the Beolab´s connected with rca cables to the Sonos connect, since the connect AMP dont have the audio outputs. The problem is how I can connect a subwoofer in this system. The connect only have the coax output, but the connect AMP has the subwoofer output. Is there a way I can connect the sub in the coax output with a sort of converter? Maybe i can connect the subwoofer into the same rca output as the speakers with a sort of rca splitter?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I cannot see that working. I just cannot see any way that the crossover frequencies could be handled. The only way a Sub can be incorporated with a Connect is for the Connect to feed a receiver that has a subwoofer connection, so that the receiver can handle the crossovers as it would do with any other auxiliary source.
Thats what I feared. Does anybody know if there will be an update that allows you to use the Sonos Sub in a connect setup like this?
I'm afraid nobody knows what Sonos are or are not planning and Sonos don't usually comment. This would take a hardware change to the Connect. I would put the chances at zero, or possibly less than that. I could be wrong.
Thank you for the answers. 🙂