Skip to main content

Is it possible to set up the system to automatically play some music or radio station when Sonos starts?  I have set to play automatically as part of my security system. But if the queue is empty, nothing will play.  Thanks

Hi @jhmosow, thank you for reaching out and getting our attention to this.

The way that Sonos auto-plays a audio source are as follows: Autoplay on Home Theater speakers when the TV audio is received, Autoplay on Line-in audio source for the Sonos Amp, Sonos Port, Connect:Amp, Connect, Play:5 gen1, gen2, and the Sonos Five. Voice services can also control the Sonos speakers to play.

I would like to know how you manage to control Sonos with your security system? as this is not a functionality that we currently have.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

I am trying to play on my Play 5 speakers from my Samsung Smartthings controller.  Is the Sonos queue for the speakers is empty before the Smartthings controller starts the speakers, nothing is played.

Hi @jhmosow, thank you for the clarification.

The queue is normally empty; usually, you select a speaker first or group speakers together then select your audio source in the Sonos app.

The Sonos speakers need a command to play something or what to play; either with the Sonos app or with Voice services.

We currently don’t have a way to set a music source for your security system in our Sonos system.

I will, however, tag this as a feature request to integrate the Sonos system with the SmartThings system. 

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.