Arc Update & Reset, Subsequent iPad no longer supported, New purchased iPad Air not yet supported!!

• 11 August 2022
  • 3 replies

It seems VERY shortsighted on the part of Sonos to push an Arc update to then be told the Arc was reset during the update and use Trueplay only to find out my iPad OS is simultaneously no longer supported. I then purchased a new iPad Air Gen 5 and it is not yet supported so has anyone at Sonos considered this possibility?? 

Please don’t reset my Arc during future updates Sonos, OK?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Of course they have considered this possibility, that is why they have support pages.

Maybe you should have reviewed the Trueplay-compatible devices before you purchased the iPad Air (5th gen)

Of course they have considered this possibility, that is why they have support pages.

Maybe you should have reviewed the Trueplay-compatible devices before you purchased the iPad Air (5th gen)

Why, I didn’t do that when I bought the first iPad? Just bought it and it worked! Maybe they need to slow down a bit and get back from over their skiis!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Sony use their inbuilt speakers for audio calibration, very strange how Sonos cannot do the same. Plus they also alienate all their users who prefer Android / Samsung mobile devices..