Question

Alarm.

• 22 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I set the alarm with Alexa application for Android. I set it for the sound at the maximum. When I go to sleep, I listen to music with the volume low with a timer. The next morning, the alarm I set with Alexa with the volume at the maximum does not ring at the maximum but it rings at the level that was set the night before when I listened to music to go to sleep. Is there a way to fix that because if the volume of the alarm is too low, I don’t wake up.

When I set the alarm directly in Sonos application for Android it works. The volume is at maximum. But I would like to have other choices of sounds for alarm and I don’t want to make music playing for the alarm. I think I can choose sound from the music library but I don’t know how to put something (music or sound) in the library.

Finally, it is possible to set the alarm with Alexa to have the sound play gradually from low to loud volume. Is it possible to do the same with Sonos application for Android ?

Thank you very much. Marco Porlier. 

*Moderator Note: Please censor personal information when posting.*

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Porlier.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to have your own preferred choice of alarm tone. Allow me to share with you some information to help.

Here is a guide about how to Set an alarm on Sonos. Currently, the Sonos Product’s volume depends on how the volume is set with in the Sonos App. Gradual volume of alarm sound is not yet a supported set up of Sonos. However, I’ll be more than happy to send this up for you. I would like to recommend keeping your Sonos app and Sonos products up-to-date to receive the most updated features, releases, bug fixes, and features. The guide provided would also allow you to set your preferred music when you set your alarm.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be here to help.

Thanks,