Answered

airplay

• 11 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I just bought a one sl and already had four Play:1,’s.  I want to stream from airplay to all five speakers, I thought I could do that.  So far airplay on my iPhone only recognizes one sl not all of them

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 February 2024, 01:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Stream music to the One SL via AirPlay. Then group the Play:1s with the One SL in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I just bought a one sl and already had four Play:1,’s.  I want to stream from airplay to all five speakers, I thought I could do that.  So far airplay on my iPhone only recognizes one sl not all of them

The v2 play1 has the same board as the ikea speakers iirc, which do support airplay. Never understood why Sonos didn’t turn this on for the p1 that could do it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think the Play 1 only came in one generation. Are you possibly confusing the One (that does come in two generations and is Airplay capable) with the Play 1?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I think the Play 1 only came in one generation. Are you possibly confusing the One (that does come in two generations and is Airplay capable) with the Play 1?

Tear downs show that Sonos switched from 64mb to 256 mb ram in the p1 at some point. Tear downs also show that the ikea symfonisk has a p1 256 mb board in it (it’s labelled p1 same as p1). Symfonisk does airplay, p1 does not. In Sonos’ defence no one bought a p1 with the promise of airplay so 🤷‍♀️ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could you post a link to this?